Training [Sep 7, 2014] BRTD OUTFIT TRAINING 7/09/2014 (Inda)

Sharpe

Veterans
Jan 22, 2013
BRTD Outfit Training! It's the BIG one!

As you may have all noticed BRTD in the last few months has been doing a recruitment drive! We have gained no less than 63 new members! As such, its time we have a training! Our old members could do with a refresher course too.

Therefore, BRTD will be holding a training session on the 7th of September at 8 PM BST (see the countdown).

mIf85CZ.jpg

COUNTDOWN

If you can attend then please do so, it will last no longer than 1 hour and will conclude with a 1 hour OPs event!

COME ONE COME ALL!

BRTD Staff.

Attachments

• Training.jpg
    Training.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Question; are you still doing the obligatory recruit training? I remember going through that when I joined and honestly it was needed as it taught you the basics of what we expect from them and what they can expect back. I'm not joking when I say that the other night some guys were laughing / chuckling when a pl gave up and quit for the night..

Sharpe

Veterans
Jan 22, 2013
Question; are you still doing the obligatory recruit training? I remember going through that when I joined and honestly it was needed as it taught you the basics of what we expect from them and what they can expect back. I'm not joking when I say that the other night some guys were laughing / chuckling when a pl gave up and quit for the night..
We need to start doing these training sessions once a week again I agree. However, due to people not wanting to run them and people being busy (I have only had time to play for the last 6 months, jeff has been busy with RL, and so has dna), its somewhat problematic.

I will do my up-most to find some time and restart the training sessions for new members, it is needed and the leadership can see it.

Any volunteers are welcome btw!

When I first started taking a more active role in the outfit I started out as a "Recruit trainer" on mumble then moved onto "Gunnery Sargent". Some of the best memories I have from planetside are taking these training sessions and teaching new members how to play the game.

Reactions: Irathi

ChipMHazard

Apr 11, 2013
Might I suggest the possibility of encouraging people to play as squads, especially with the new people. Would probably be easier to get them up to snuff when they aren't all just bunched up in one channel.
Training is obviously important, but ultimately a bit pointless if the lessons aren't practiced on a daily basis.

Not so much in the sense of having designated SLs running squads all the time, more along the line of encouraging people to play in squads (Or half-squads) and communicate with each other in ways that would be impossible in one big channel.
Making it part of our playstyle as it were, a natural thing... Like wearing frilly underwear.

Last edited:
Reactions: BakaneSan

BakaneSan

Nov 5, 2013
Anime
New people making me really love when we played 1-2 squads with same people all time.
this right now.... to any vet who was playing when i was recruit sorry if i was shity recruit..

Aphotix

Veterans
Jan 19, 2013
Sounds good Sharpe! I'll be there. If I can do anything to help with the training just ask.

bpostal

Veterans
Apr 13, 2012
Excellent! I'm glad we're getting back into training!
Unfortunately, I've already committed to volunteering on the 7th, through my workplace so I won't be able to make it.

Enjoy and get some trigger time in!

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
I would be glad to lend a hand when I can. But I think I need some instructions first as well of what to say and show them.

B45Hy

Mar 23, 2013
Finland
Definitely we need training. Last night, when we we're running around and Dna came and took the recruits to run in Charlie squad, i think it was Twido who said something along the lines of "look ppl recruits are making us look bad". Which was spot on! And also ppl should always listen what PL is wanting them to do. Last night i heard ppl kinda refusing to do and moaning about what PL wanted. That is not who we are folks. And that is not what we want to do. Always respect PL!
And yes im going to attend the training.
Sorry for the rant, but i think Dna should've yelled at us all last night that "What the actual FUCK are you guys doing!!" :D

Teshjago

Aug 29, 2014
I'm really sorry, and being a new recruit I realise this training is aimed directly at people like me, but Sundays are the one day I just can't do evening wise.

So more than happy to do training, just can't do Sundays. *sad face*

-Tesh

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
@B45Hy i ran with dna and the recruits and it was one of the best evenings I've had for a while. They were eager to learn and did as instructed as fast as they could.

And they did not moan about the beacon at the end of the day, just said thank you for a great evening .. Idk what the story with alpha and bravo was that night, but beacons - really? that shouldn't be an issue or even subject of discussion anymore. We all know the routine, mistakes might happen though, shit dna forgot a couple of times, no need to get wined up about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: B45Hy