Events [Sep 23, 2014] SL Training (Miller)

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
counter.gif

Due to high demand amongst a lot of our members I’ve decided to set up a training session regarding leadership as a SL.
The training session will be open to everybody from BRTD, but players who are already SL and SL-T or even players considering to pick up SL’ing in the future will benefit more from the training session, than a brand new recruit or a battle-hardened Vet, who doesn’t care for SL’ing.
The goal of the session is to introduce and bring the participants of the session through a crash course in SL’ing, giving each a basic overview of what it means to be a working SL within BRTD.

Overall topics of the session:
  • What does it take to SL?
  • How do you SL on the frontline?
  • How do you overcome problems?
  • How do you further improve your leading?

The session will be split into two sections.
A 1-1½ hour lecture about SL’ing, followed by a 1-1½ hour live practice ops of were each and every one at the training gets a brief chance to try out SL’ing in a “controlled” environment.

The session is planned to be single occurring session, but might be revisited later on if it becomes a success or if there’s a high demand for a pt. 2.

Time and Date:
20.00pm BST / 21.00pm CEST
September 23th, 2014.

Final note:
I will be needing the aid of 3-4 comms operators, people with access to the SL channel on mumble, who can work as the binding linking between the PL (me) and the training participants during the ops part of the training.
I prefer if the guys who volunteered are veteran SLs or PLs who doesn’t feel like they need the training and can let more inexperienced SLs or upcoming SLs have a chance to lead.
If you are willing to work as a comms operator for this event, please drop your name bellow.

Attachments

• Training.jpg
    Training.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Angdevil

Sep 10, 2014
I would like to make it, everything considering training in this game I want to make.
I will try to be live at that time.

MGP

BRTD Member
Aug 1, 2014
Moscow, Russian Federation
Sorry, i can't attend to after-midnight trainings in the middle of the week. Must have at least 6 hours of sleep before work.
Make sure you record the training so we can watch it later, thou.

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
I will help out Wolf. Thank you for setting this up!

Edgewalkr

Veterans
Jun 13, 2013
www.youtube.com
Unfortunetly for me we've just started a new night shift rota at work and Tuesdays are my late night and I'll not be home in time for this. If someone could record it, that would be great.

Irathi

Community Leader
Aug 21, 2013
Tuesdays are really bad for me during sailing season (May-Sept), but I think I'll make an exception for this event.

IronballsMcGinty

Amaze Balls
Veterans
Dec 21, 2012
I think this is a great idea. However, I don't think I'll have much luck explaining to my wife how I would like to spend the evening of our Wedding Anniversary! I'll definitely try to make the one after this.

B45Hy

Mar 23, 2013
Finland
Ok so i've decided to participate on this one. Altho i don't see my self as a SL atm. But you never know if one day.

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
I'll be audio recording the training session, I managed to get audacity to record mumble, so a video or a download link will be around the forum a few days afterwards.
There's a chance that everybody else at the training session will have a very quite voice as I've had problems setting up the voice levels.

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
The video footage would consist of me being alt tabbed half the time looking at the notes for myself regarding the training.
If somebody else wants to video record the session they are more than welcome to.

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
I will shadow play it
Sent from my Rotary Phone

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
Friendly reminder that the training is tonight.

The clock should is working once again? I think

Last edited: