Training [May 19, 2015] [Tuesday 19th May} - Anti-Air Training - Tuesday 19th (Continent TBC)

TheBinarySurfer

Officer Planetside
Jun 22, 2013
Hi all,

This training is designed to up the quality of our anti-air game, given the recent quite potent air wings the VS and NC now regularly have up. It will NOT cover air-air combat in aircraft, but rather ground-based AA and how to use it to greater effect.

bla_1432058400.png

The training will begin at 1900 GMT(BST) : go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html if in doubt :)

This training is for ALL members including recruits, members, officers, PL's, SL's and Vets. The actual training bit will:
  • Consist of 3 key topics.
  • Be short and focused (<30m)
  • Focus on 'practical' applications but include of 'why'.
  • Include some fairly (very) inappropriate humor.
  • Involve ruining the VS/NC's day with AA at the end.
I'd ask that everyone is online 10m before the training is due to start, as I will pick a 'quiet' continent then and ask everyone to load across (this gives time for non-members) that may have a queue. There will be a squad up on me from 15m before, please all join the training channel.

Any questions, please get in touch via PM's on the forum or in-game.

Cheers and see you there!

Binary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pajszer

TheBinarySurfer

Officer Planetside
Jun 22, 2013
Just a bit of a teaser also: the stuff we go through will have much wider applications and uses than just AA, although the session will focus on it.

Zunk

Veterans
Oct 2, 2012
I'd recommend this session to everyone. Been chatting with my pilot (Air Commodore Binary) and it's very handy stuff he's gonna cover. Plus the stuff he's recommending is big fun too!

TheBinarySurfer

Officer Planetside
Jun 22, 2013
Is there a list of required and/or recommended cert unlocks for the training?
I don't want to be too 'requiring' so won't specify cert unlocks but the training won't really go into certing stuff as it's fairly dry/dull stuff :) However i'm happy to talk anyone through AA unlocks/certing, just poke me in air wing.

TheBinarySurfer

Officer Planetside
Jun 22, 2013
I'll set up a session to talk through general certing principles based on what role you favour / skill level, but will make sure i briefly cover AA certing priorities (will work it into it today).

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
Tonight's the night.
No longer shall PPA and Air Hammer farmers get the better of you. It's time to fight back!

The training starts in 3 hours from this post.

Reactions: TheRiddic4

HerHareHair

Apr 14, 2015
Still for an hour in the office...

Is anyone going to record (at least Mumble voice chat) it for future generations?

TheRiddic4

Veterans
Nov 6, 2014
England
Still for an hour in the office...

Is anyone going to record (at least Mumble voice chat) it for future generations?
I was going to ask if someone could record it. I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going out tonight (It's my mothers Birthday).