Events [Jan 24, 2015] Official World Record attempt, inspired by BRTD! (Hossin, Jaeger server)

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com

SOE and the people behind ServerSmash/PlanetsideBattles are actually going to follow up on an idea I suggested (and probably others as well) a few months ago:
Officially break the Guiness Book World Record of most players in a single FPS match!
They're going for it and it's going to be on Jaeger server on Saturday Jan 24th, 22:00 UTC

Should be great fun and an awesome advertisement for the game. It's going to be a 3-way that combines all servers. So if you want to play as TR, fill in your ingame TR name in this enlisting form and if selected you will be playing with TR players from all servers. There will be squads and platoons of course but you have to submit to this individually using the form, not as an outfit.

Detailed info can be found in this topic. More will follow.

EDIT: Btw, there aiming for 1100 players on a single map, which is not that different actually from a prime time continent Alert with a server queue going on.

We'll make a list of people who applied (if you're going to use another name and faction pls state so) and see what organization we can get going on the TR side of things. There's no limit this time!

1. Krautgamer
2. Strike_jk
3.Thundestrucks
4. EddiesMinion
5. Steveo
6. Aggropatics
7. dnaRIP
8. Wanderingigor
9. IronballsMcGinty
10. xHippo
11. Huller
12. Tediousted

Attachments

• Outfitevent3.png
    Outfitevent3.png
    286.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:

Rolfsky

Oct 19, 2012
www.facebook.com
This is just another day at the office for SOE and what you typically see during a continent alert on prime time. Be sure to apply individually as well.

ChipMHazard

Apr 11, 2013
Hah, stressing the system to its limits... That should be interesting to watch.

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
Signed up yesterday on the Google Doc.

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
One of the above sign ups is not actually signed up. I was just at a meeting and we have 9 members signed up not 10. Sort it out.

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
One of the above sign ups is not actually signed up. I was just at a meeting and we have 9 members signed up not 10. Sort it out.

How you know that? Btw what you people picked as priority? something about god etc?

Re-read my above quote @Thundestrucks . I was at a meeting on the PS Battles TS and one of the peeps there had access to the Google Doc. I have no input into who is picked. That is up to PS Battles I would imagine. We are only keeping track of our BRTD signups here and nothing more as far as I know. Does that help you out @Thundestrucks ?

Reactions: Thundestrucks

Thundestrucks

Veterans
Nov 5, 2013
Poland
@dnaRIP I thought only SOE have acces to that file, that's why i asked.

I'm wondering how many players they need to beat that record. Nvm we need 999+1 to beat it and plan is to have 1100 online so not that much.
As its cross-server event im affraid not everyone will get chance to be there.
Miller have only 7 squads so..

Last edited:

dnaRIP

Co-Leader
Staff member
Community Leader
Feb 14, 2012
Excellent news from the coordinators. I received the following in an email about 15 mins ago:

We have received a lot of signups from BRTD, so please pass on my thanks to BRTD as an outfit. While I can't get all of the BRTD applicants into this match, I will do my best to hold 1 of the 7 available squads for BRTD.

I would also like to offer you the position of Platoon Leader for one of the two platoons that Miller TR will be fielding. The other Platoon Leader has yet to be decided.

Please confirm your availability to attend on January 24, and also your willingness to take on this leadership role.

While this is intended to be a fun event for Planetside 2, the TR leadership intend to win the event, and I hope you will be able to play a large role in making this happen.

Sharpe

Veterans
Jan 22, 2013
Excellent news from the coordinators. I received the following in an email about 15 mins ago:

We have received a lot of signups from BRTD, so please pass on my thanks to BRTD as an outfit. While I can't get all of the BRTD applicants into this match, I will do my best to hold 1 of the 7 available squads for BRTD.

I would also like to offer you the position of Platoon Leader for one of the two platoons that Miller TR will be fielding. The other Platoon Leader has yet to be decided.

Please confirm your availability to attend on January 24, and also your willingness to take on this leadership role.

While this is intended to be a fun event for Planetside 2, the TR leadership intend to win the event, and I hope you will be able to play a large role in making this happen.
That is awesome man! Love BRTD :)