Training [Aug 13, 2014] "Light" training followed by flight ops. (live Server)

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
Topic: Focus on how to beat enemy air wings/zergs and defending against them.

Attachments

• Training.jpg
    Training.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 43

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
We might cancel the training and ops if the servers are still as fucked as they were, when I was online a hour ago.
It took me 5 minutes as a member, to warp to amerish, only to crash during the loading screen.

Juggernaut

Interwebs Mechanic
Staff member
Administrator
Recruit
Jul 20, 2006
Ireland, Galway
shanecunningham.me
David Carey said:
First off, I want to apologize on behalf of SOE and myself for the poor service since the merges. We completely understand how frustrating this is, and I guarantee we are treating this as an all-hands on deck issue. From our buildmasters to the CTO of SOE, everyone who can help is involved.

The current status is that we're switching out several aspects of our hardware and software configurations. When possible, we are doing this during off peak hours. However, this is a complex system, and when the load hits new issue appear that need tweaking and adjustments, which may require locks. The goal is to be up and running as soon as humanly possible, but that requires potentially locking during peak hours. The good news are that these locks are not just to temporarily alleviate the problem, they are concrete steps in the right direction to a permanent solution.

As I said elsewhere, the hardware is a short term fix to get you guys back in game without problems. Longer term, we are refining how we handle our data and making sure to streamline it as much as possible to avoid future issues like this.

Thanks for hanging in there.

-David

Source

MarseeeTR

Veterans
Jun 2, 2013
Logged in and straight back off last night, servers were terrible. Hopefully it's better tonight.

Wolfman109

Potato Simulator
Oct 2, 2012
I love those sorts of fights as well. Huge A2A air wing battles against organized outfits are the shit in this game.
However we don't have a lot of those simply due to our pilots not joining the air wing whenever I have it active (which is during most evening to be honest).
Let us take the training session from yesterday as an example.
Of the 12-14 different guys that were in the channel over the 2 hours we had the training and ops, I believe only 5 of those had been in the air wing within the last month.
That's 7-9 guys from the outfit that to some degree is capable of flying, able to keep an aircraft in the sky and can follow orders at the same time, but never flies with the air wing itself.
Stuff like that annoys me on a SL/air wing leading level. Whenever the air wings is composed of me, Aphotix and Ape/Tobie, and in those situations where we are struggling to stay alive against an enemy air wing 2-3 times our size. I'm often able to look into the Reaper 1’s mumble channel and see 5 guys in Reaper 1 who could easily come and help us out, but instead prefers to stay on the ground.

Yes much salt, I hate having a 2-3 man air wing when I could have a 9+ man air wing and get some proper A2G support going as well.

The reason why "THOSE" air wing fights doesn't happen anymore is simply due to lack of pilots, which have been the recurring problem with the air wing for the past 8 months.
We have a dozen guys in the outfit that can fly, but only chooses to do so when none of the hardcore PLs (DNA, Postal, Pure etc) are online and I got the air wing active, which was the case yesterday night during training.

I bet some of you could taste my salt level yesterday night during the training.

BakaneSan

Nov 5, 2013
Anime
I love those sorts of fights as well. Huge A2A air wing battles against organized outfits are the shit in this game.
However we don't have a lot of those due to pilots just not joining the air wing whenever I have active (which is most evening to be honest).
Of the 12-14 different guys that were in the channel over the 2 hours we had the training and ops, I believe only 5 of those had been in the air wing within the last month.
That's 7-9 guys from the outfit that to some degree is capable of flying, keeping an aircraft in the sky and can follow orders at the same time, but never flies with the air wing.
Stuff like that annoys me on a SL/air wing leading level. Whenever the air wings is composed of me, Aphotix and Ape/Tobie, and in those situations where we are struggling to stay alive against an enemy air wing 2-3 times our size. I'm often able to look into the Reaper 1’s mumble channel and see 5 guys in Reaper 1 who could easily come and help us out, but instead prefers to stay on the ground.

Yes much salt, I hate having a 2-3 man air wing when I could have a 9+ man air wing and get some proper A2G support going as well.

The reason why "THOSE" air wing fights doesn't happen anymore is simply due to lack of pilots, which have been the recurring problem with the air wing for the past 8 months.
We have a dozen guys in the outfit that can fly, but only chooses to do so when none of the hardcore PLs (DNA, Postal, Pure etc) are online and I got the air wing active, which was the case yesterday night during training.

I bet some of you could taste my salt level yesterday night during the training.
Like this?
hqbXn25.gif

Khm.. sorry..
thing is i know you dont talk about me but still, on ground i feel myself more usefull than in air because my skills with mossie is laughable at best and not competitive with any of you guys or any other pilot that we will engage in combat.

welph

Veterans
Jul 31, 2014
However we don't have a lot of those simply due to our pilots not joining the air wing whenever I have it active (which is during most evening to be honest).
That's 7-9 guys from the outfit that to some degree is capable of flying, able to keep an aircraft in the sky and can follow orders at the same time, but never flies with the air wing itself.

Hey you abandoned me way back when I was up in the skies! :( Took part in trainings and OPS all day long. Then you just had to take you "vacation" uhhu! Not sure if I wanna get burned again! :D

PS Still hurts.

MrWily18

Tanks = PEW PEW
BRTD Member
Jul 8, 2013
bakane all you need is a good practice and over time your flyboy skillz will be op. i didnt learn overnight took me a good couple a months to even go toe 2 toe with other better pilots and win but hey im still learing

Reactions: TobieBrave

BakaneSan

Nov 5, 2013
Anime
Yeah Wily but that road is filled with tedious pull a mossie get killed by some mlg one clip you pilot and then pull mossie again and circle begins anew